So often, outstanding developers and project leaders of complex systems are hidden away in the bowels of the Enterprise. NOT in our case. We need a developer who wants to come out of the bowels and be our Captain Kirk. You’re bold, adventuresome, and a little bit of a risk taker. You thrive on new challenges. You’re going to be “stunned” over the wide range of new places (markets, products, geography) you’ll visit in this role.
You’re the type of person who likes big rewards for big achievements. There is a direct correlation between your success here, our business revenue, and your bonus. This is not a role where someone in an HR cubicle is setting small compensation increases.
We anticipate that the total compensation for this role with base and bonus will be starting around $200,000 for the first year and ramping up each year with generous annual increases as the business becomes more profitable – so that you will share in the success of the business. Plus, you will be very well compensated along the way – no “hoping” that the stock options may have some future value.
You'll directly shape the future of the business.
• Work closely with Product Manager, UX, UI to understand business requirements, product functionality and product roadmap.
• Collaboratively lead the definition of systems architecture and technical development strategy.
• Work with 3rd party technology providers to define technical integration, needed customization.
• Lead regular agile process activities including collaboratively developing user stories, estimates, sprint planning and sprint reviews.
• Act as a lead engineer to resolve blockers and major issues and assigned development tasks as well as leading the engineering team.
We’re seeking an “A” Player that is a very experienced senior-level developer and project leader.
This is an onsite position, so you MUST be willing to commute to West Hollywood.
* You must be a self-starter
* High attention to detail
* Excellent written and verbal communications
Your Prior Experience:
* At least 8+ years of hands-on high-level development.
* At least 4+ years of PHP development
* At least 3+ years of Project Leadership experience.
* Very strong track record of designing, administering, and optimizing systems using open source frameworks and tools.
* Prior success developing complex systems and deploying them to AWS (preferred).
* Experience with revision control (Ideally Github)
*** A big plus if you happen to have a small team of 1-3 additional developers who you have worked with and would be interested in a new opportunity with you as the Team Lead.
*** Also, a big plus if you have experience developing against the eBay and/or Amazon ecommerce marketplace especially if you supported the selling of products on either marketplace. Or prior work experience in the general ecommerce space.
-Who we are-
Zuber is an online retailer where the core of our business success is not the products – it’s the underlying systems and technology. Our founder has over 15 years’ experience in the ecommerce space. We work behind the scenes to sell millions of different products all around the world.
Have you ever dreamed of being at the front end of a company’s success rather than at the “backend”?
So, if the idea of a challenging role, being at the front end of a business instead of the backend, and if the generous compensation package appeals to you, then please:
* Send us a copy of your resume.
* Along with a half-page write-up of a couple of your most significant development projects of which you’re most proud of.
* Plus, please provide code samples that you may have available in GitHub or similar.
Location: Onsite: West Hollywood, California
Total Compensation: 1st Year = $200,000
With $150,000 in Base Pay + $50,000 paid in Annual Bonus (Paid Quarterly upon achievement of mutually agreed to deliverables)