Texas A&M University Corpus Christi
SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER II
Position Description Summary:
This position is responsible for supporting the development of a data management system to store and share scientific datasets generated by Gulf of Mexico researchers.
Implement, maintain, and test GRIIDC software and system.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
Three (3) years’ experience as a Software Engineer or Software Application Developer.
Additional education may be considered as a substitution for the minimum experience requirements.
Experience creating and maintaining technical documentation.
Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience in software development, programming in PHP , and writing unit tests and technical documentation.
Proficient understanding and experience using code versioning tools, such as Git or Mercurial.
Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills. Strong written communication skills. Reliable and punctual.
Four (4) years’ experience as a Software Engineer or as a Software Developer.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Developing web applications in PHP .
• Developing catalog system for data from heterogeneous sources.
• Installation, application, and maintenance of issue tracking systems and source code management.
• Atlassian products (JIRA , Confluence, Stash, Bamboo).
• PostgreSQL and PostGIS
• Installation and management of THREDDS , OPeNDAP, ERDDAP , and other enterprise level data access infrastructure.
• Developing software using RabbitMQ messaging and Elasticsearch products.
• Developing functional and appealing user-facing applications that implement UI/UX principles of design.
• API development.
• Working with XML , including generating and validating XML documents against XML schemas.
• Working with authenticated systems implemented using LDAP .
• Working in Drupal.
Monthly Pay Range: $5,416.66 - $6,666.66
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/1019992
Texas A&M Corpus Christi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on PHP Jobs